When you are choosing a sailing school it is very important that you ask if the course includes certification.
Here’s why it’s important to get certified…
- ASA certification is recognized by sailing professionals and charter companies worldwide which is important if you would like to rent or charter a boat some day. Certification allows charter companies like BaySail and others around the world to “know what you know”. It’s a little like having a driver’s license.
- At BaySail, our “Bareboat Cruising” graduates receive the ASA International Proficiency Certificate (IPC) which is required by most European/Mediterranean countries for bareboat charters.
- ASA certification ensures that our school, instructors and curriculum comply with an established and comprehensive program.
- Getting certified will often help with your insurance if you decide to buy a boat.
- If you would like to take an advanced course some day, you will need to be certified in the prerequisite courses.